You are here
There are currently 13 base classes and a number of prestige classes available for play in Realms of Despair: 12 peaceful classes and 1 deadly-only class. Classes are divided into 6 genres.
Each class is bestowed with unique skills and abilities. In-game equipment may be restricted by alignment, class, genre or any combination of these attributes.
Prestige classes enable players to do one of the following two things upon reaching level 50:
- create a single-class prestige character with higher power skills/spells.
- create a multi-class prestige character combined from 2 classes.
- Bladesinger and Barbarian are currently unavailable for prestige.
- Prestige is currently available for peaceful characters only.
Prestige single-class option:
- - Grants the ability to gain more powerful skills/spells of your class.
- - You will relevel from level 5.
- - Single class prestige: Vampire, Ranger, Augurer, Paladin, Nephandi, Fathomer
Prestige multi-class option:
- - The original character must be level 50 to enter prestige status.
- - Cleric Pantheon and Mage Path spells/skills are currently not available for prestige secondary classes.
- - Your original class will be your primary class while your added class will be your secondary class.
- - Primary skills will auto-adept, no experience is gained from them.
- - Secondary skills/spells require practicing and adepting and adept slower.
- - Skills that are inate to both primary and secondary adept at the normal rate.
- - While leveling the prestige class will be slower it can have larger gains in hp/mana/moves.
- - There is a +1 to the primary stat of the secondary class - 26 max.
- - Available classes for multi-class: Mage, Cleric, Thief, Warrior, Druid
- - Race-class limitation still apply.
- - Guild membership is based on the primary class of the player.
Different class prestige adopts different class skills:
The names of each class are visible in the rank for each class. For example, a mage taking on the additional class of druid is hyphenated: mage-druid. The possibilities are as follows:
- Mage Prestige classes: Cleric Thief Warrior Druid
Cleric Prestige classes: Mage Thief Warrior Druid
Thief Prestige classes: Mage Cleric Warrior Druid
Warrior Prestige classes: Mage Cleric Thief Druid
Druid Prestige classes: Mage Cleric Thief Warrior
Same class prestige gain additional levels of expertise in their class:
- Vampire Prestige class: Dread Vampire
Ranger Prestige class: Hunter
Augurer Prestige class: Harbinger
Paladin Prestige class: Knight
Nephandi Prestige class: Infernalist
Fathomer Prestige class: Buccaneer